Sunday, April 20, 2008

Veronica Mars



Although I do love a funny video, I really don't plan on posting too many of them (I think my faithful reader is unable to watch my videos at work, which takes so much of the fun out). However, this video is an excuse for me to talk about Kristen Bell for a while, and I've been awaiting such an opportunity. If you aren't familiar with Kristen, then I haven't done my part. I've been willing to go a little gay for her for years now, since I first discovered her on Veronica Mars. Now for my Veronica pitch (because I want everyone to buy it on DVD now) with bullet reasons of why you should be watching:
  • The IMDB show description is: "After her best friend is murdered and her father is removed as county sheriff, Veronica Mars dedicates her life to cracking the toughest mysteries in the affluent town of Neptune." Ok, I know that sounds like some horrible show on Nickelodeon for tweens. It's not.
  • Veronica is smart, sassy, has a great relationship with her dad, takes crap from nobody, and looks fabulous while doing it.
  • She dates Logan Echolls, whose dad is a famous movie star (Harry Hamlin), mom is the wife of a movie star (Lisa Rinna), and sister is a wanna be actress (Allyson Hannigan).
  • Charisma Carpenter (of Buffy fame) joins in the second season and is constantly in a bikini.
  • She may be midgety (technically, she's 5'1"), but she's so spunky!
  • The writing on this show is very smart and quick, and it's probably the second-most-quoted show on my Myspace.
  • There's an episode where she karaokes to Blondie's "One Way Or Another" (she's getting to the bottom of her high school's secret society similar to Yale's Skull & Bones)
  • The soundtrack f-ing rocks. I swear.
  • Kristen's great on Heroes, which means she must have been great on Veronica Mars.
Ok, I'll stop with my Veronica Mars lovefest. I just miss it.

1 comment:

Little Miss HonkyTonk said...

Yay me!!!! I'm your faithful reader woo hoo