Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Drinks with the president?


I'm not about to start espousing my political views on this site (well, not yet, anyway) but I was doing some online reading about tonight's debate. Well, I think it was tonight's debate; I didn't watch it because America's Next Top Model was on. Anyway, apparently this weekend Hillary had a shot of whiskey in some midwest farm town "bar." This prompted a college student at the debate to ask McCain:

"I was wondering if you think that she's finally resorted to hitting the sauce just because of some unfavorable polling. And I was also wondering if you would care to join me for a shot after this?"

A couple things to mention:
  • Who says, "hitting the sauce"? The kind of college student that would attend a debate? I don't know, I didn't realize my dad was writing questions.
  • Maybe it's the same person who thinks that drinking with McCain would be fun. Does he look like a fun guy to party with? Um, no. He's old. Old people are not fun (and to quote myself from work today, they can't type or use computers either).
  • I'd ask Hillary to drink because I'd hope she'd bring Bill with her. And you know that he'd be a good time in a bar.
  • Now I want a drink. Sigh.

1 comment:

Little Miss HonkyTonk said...

Oh yeah, Bill would be straight up rowdy and hitting on the underage chicks. It would be awesome.