Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Second chances

So I was just reading about Ashton's first time (don't ask why), and I got this gem: “I was 15. It was out in the woods with a girl I had just met who my buddy set me up with. The whole thing lasted two seconds. It was really awkward. Two years later I had sex with her again just to show her the first performance was a fluke and I’d gotten better.”

So that got me to thinking. Anybody who knows me knows that I wasn't 15 for my first time. I'm actually a little proud of the fact that I held on to my V-Card all the way up until college. Month 2. Point being, I remember it being ... well ... not good. Not horrifically bad or anything, but nothing I'd write home about (assuming I would write letters home detailing my sexual exploits). Would I want to do it again to prove that I could do better? Would he? I can tell you right now that if I saw him on the street, I'd just keep right on walking and likely wouldn't even stop to say hello (don't feel bad for him, it wasn't his first time). I'm pretty sure he wouldn't stop either (although I do look better than I did then). I think that answers that - I have no desire to show him what I've learned in the intervening years.

However, there was this one really bad awkward kiss back when I was 13. Cutest boy in my grade - the one that got away. I'd do that over in a heartbeat. You, know, if his wife didn't mind.

Oh, and btw - this picture really has nothing to do with the above. I just like men in cowboy hats. As I like to say, "save a horse, ride a cowboy."

1 comment:

MM said...

I think more people should write home about sexual escapades. Awkwardness is making a comeback - 08!

I feel fortunate that I know who you are talking about. And our high school reunion is coming up. Want me to slip a roofie in his drink for you??