Sunday, May 11, 2008

Drinking and driving

I should probably start off by saying that I'm against it. Ever see that billboard on the way back from Palm Springs that says, "tipsy driving is the same as drunk driving"? I even kind of agree with it! But, of course, we've all had that experience where we clearly shouldn't have driven home but did it anyway, only to wake up the next morning with no idea how you got home or where your car is. Of course, it's safely tucked away in your garage/carport/parking spot, and you feel like you might have magical powers and that you are that one person who is invincible and just should be driving at all times. Just me? Ok. For every one of those, there's the morning where you realize that your car has a dent it that it definitely didn't have when you left your house the day before, or maybe you blow out your two tires when you hit a median on the way home. Still just me? I could keep going like this Daniel Tosh style until there is just one person in the room still laughing, but I won't. Because I have a point. Two, actually. First, this ad (clearly paid for by some alcohol type company and I think is about opposing ignition interlocks [which obviously are a grand idea]) spells Lindsay Lohan's name wrong. Look closely. That's just fucking stupid, as you know this thing isn't cheap (full page ad in USA Today). Second, why are they encouraging drunk driving? Even friendly happy hour ads shouldn't encourage it - they should team up with cab companies! I'm so disturbed...

No comments: